This building could almost be mistaken for an extension of its fellow light brick ED neighbor, 275 East Gun Hill Road, especially since they've both lost their formerly dramatic parapets. A restrained stone portal leads to a marble-walled foyer followed by a paneled lobby with geometric terrazzo floors and a nice fake fireplace. The terrazzo is the same pattern seen at 171 East Mosholu Parkway North, and the two buildings share other materials and characteristics (a DOB filing suggests they both date from 1931 as well: do they share the same architect?). The texture of the lobby panels suggests that they may have originally been faux-wood grain. The Wurtz Brothers photo shows what an impressive stretch this block of Gun Hill Road must have been.